CME Innovation Grants
The 2019 Innovation Grant Cycle has concluded. Please see our 2019 Award Recipients.
The Office of Continuing Medical Education and Lifelong Learning periodically accepts grant proposals to foster the development of educational tools and activities that support innovations in CME and the performance of Michigan Medicine faculty, community physicians, and other healthcare professional partners.
Medical School faculty of all ranks are invited to submit proposals for new CME activities or changes to existing/previous CME activities that promote innovative approaches to the content, delivery, impact, and assessment of continuing education:
- CME content - new topics that enhance clinical performance and professional development
- CME process - more effective and/or efficient delivery of content
- CME outcomes - demonstrated impact on learners, clinical practice, and/or patients
- CME assessment - evidence-based methods to assess the effectiveness of CME process and outcomes
Priority will be given to activities that seek to:
- Improve performance across Michigan Medicine mission components;
- Foster a culture of excellence and continuous improvement; and
- Increase engagement with Michigan Medicine alumni and/or Michigan Medicine physician partners.
Meritorious proposals will be funded up to $25,000. A maximum of two awards will be made to an individual faculty member within a grant cycle. Funding may be allocated to salaries and wages, fringe benefits, supplies and materials, and other relevant expenses.