Credits Offered by the University of Michigan
The University of Michigan Medical School offers four main credit types:
To receive credit designation an application must be submitted through the MiCME system. All applications are reviewed by the Office of Continuing Medical Education and Lifelong Learning.
Other types of continuing education (CE) credit may be relevant to specific Michigan Medicine disciplines and offered by other schools within the university. Contact the appropriate CE office for additional information:
- School of Dentistry, Continuing Dental Education
- School of Social Work, Continuing Education
- College of Pharmacy
- School of Nursing, Professional Development and Education
Credits Offered by External Organizations
Other types of CE credits may be relevant to specific audiences and offered by organizations outside the university. The most commonly applied for credits include:
- American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP)
- American Osteopathic Association (AOA) Category 2-A Credit
- To apply: Send a copy of the program for your activity, listing the speakers and educational content, along with a cover letter requesting credit approval to: Delores Rodgers, American Osteopathic Association, 142 E. Ontario Street, Chicago, IL 60611-2864
- A formal letter of verification for CME will be returned to you after review. At this time, there is no fee for this service.
- American Association of Nurse Anesthetists (AANA)