Jointly provided activities are planned and presented in conjunction with groups or organizations outside the direct administrative and financial oversight of Michigan Medicine. Examples include collaborations with:
- Other Schools at the University of Michigan, e.g., School of Pharmacy, School of Engineering
- Groups or organizations external to the University, e.g., specialty societies, non-profit 501(c) organizations
(Note: the Veterans Administration Ann Arbor Healthcare System is considered to be under UMHS due to joint oversight of physicians practicing there.)
Faculty Planner Responsibilities
The University of Michigan Medical School (UMMS) faculty planner and his/her chair assume full responsibility for educational planning, content delivery, and financing of the CME activity, and for meeting all other credit requirements.
Please note: simply including a UMMS faculty on another organization's planning committee will not meet the requirements for credit!
The UMMS faculty planner must:
- Participate in the assessment of the educational needs of the target audience before the activity is developed.
- Participate in the development of the learning objectives.
- Participate in the selection of speakers and content topics.
- Know the administrative arrangements regarding the activity, including the planned and actual expenditures and their appropriateness.
- Submit a copy of the proposed budget with the CME application, as well as a final budget within 30 days of the end of the activity.
- Ensure the Medical School's name appears prominently as a joint provider on all promotional materials and printed programs.
- Must be able to produce documentation demonstrating compliance with all of the above upon request.
Faculty planners should check with our office if they have any questions.