To begin this activity, click Enroll. Once logged in, learners can access educational content, assessments, and evaluations. Learners who successfully complete the activity will be able to print a certificate.
Participants in this CME activity will be able to utilize current guidelines to provide care for patients with asthma.
Presenters:Alan P. Baptist, MD
Scott Kelley, MD
Nijra Lugogo, MD
Conflicts have been identified and managed.
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Michigan Medical School designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Original Release Date: December 2021
Termination Date: December 2024
- Expert Panel Report 3 : Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma. Natl Hear Lung, Blood Inst. 2012
- Global Initiative for Asthma. Global Initiative for Asthma: Global strategy for asthma management and prevention (Updated 2020). Rev Fr d'Allergologie d'Immunologie Clin. 2020;36(6):685-704. doi:10.1016/S0335-7457(96)80056-6
- Global initiative for asthma: Asthma management and prevention, 2019. Glob Initiat Asthma. 2019.
- Gillette C, Rockich-Winston N, Kuhn JA, Flesher S, Shepherd M. Inhaler Technique in Children With Asthma: A Systematic Review. Acad Pediatr. 2016;16(7):605-615. doi:https://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.acap.2016.04.006
- Gibson PG, Powell H, Wilson A, et al. Limited (information only) patient education programs for adults with asthma. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2002;(1). doi:10.1002/14651858.CD001005 Plaza V, Alvarez F, Calle M, et al. Consensus on the Asthma-COPD Overlap Syndrome (ACOS) Between the Spanish COPD Guidelines (GesEPOC) and the Spanish Guidelines on t