SAFE-90239 High Reliability Organizing Universal Skills Training - On-Demand
To begin this activity, click Enroll. Once logged in, learners can access educational content, assessments, and evaluations. Learners who successfully complete the activity will be able to print a certificate.
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Michigan Medical School designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Original Release Date: 8/2020
Termination Date: 7/2023
• Data collected during assessment at Michigan Medicine in 2018
• “Zero Harm: How to Achieve Patient and Workforce Safety in Healthcare” by Craig Clapper, James Merlino, Carole Stockmeier of Press Ganey
• “Organizational Culture and Leadership” by Edgar Schein
• “Humble Inquiry” by Edgar Schein
• “To Err is Human” report by Institute of Medicine
• “Swiss Cheese Effect” and “Managing the Risks of Organizational Accidents” by James Reason
• “Sharp End Model” by David Woods
• “Managing the Unexpected” by Karl Weick and Kathleen Sutcliffe
• “What is Patient Safety Culture? A Review of the Literature” by Christine Sammer
• HPI Reliability Governance Index