General Medicine Clinical Conference - Evaluation and Assessment of Learners in the General Medicine Clinic
To begin this activity, click Enroll. Once logged in, learners can access educational content, assessments, and evaluations. Learners who successfully complete the activity will be able to print a certificate.
This On-Demand Pharmacogenetics Conference addresses utilizing resources for integrating pharmacogenetics into providing patient care and treatment plans.
Planning Team (There are no relevant financial relationships to disclose for this activity)
Educational Planner: Lindsay Lindsay Quade, MD
Presenters: Cornelius A James, MD, and Allison L Ruff, MD
Activity Coordinator: Mary Smith, Master's of Science in Healthcare Management
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Michigan Medical School designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
- Violato C. Assessing competence in medicine and other health professions. Boca Raton, 2019.
- Swanwick T, Forrest K, O'Brien BC. Understanding medical education: evidence, theory and practice. 3rd Edition. 2019. Oxford.
Epstein RM. Assessment in medical education. NEJM. 2007. 356;4:387-396.
- Schinske, J., & Tanner, K. (2014). Teaching more by grading less (or differently). CBE—Life Sciences Education, 13(2), 159-166.
- Kohn, A. (1999). Punished by Rewards:: The Trouble with Gold Stars, Incentive Plans, A's, Praise, and Other Bribes. Houghton Mifflin Harcourt.
- Brookhart, S. M. (2017). How to give effective feedback to your students. ASCD
- Crisp, B. R. (2007). Is it worth the effort? How feedback influences students' subsequent submission of assessable work. Assessment & evaluation in higher education, 32(5), 571-581..
- Pangaro L, ten Cate O. Frameworks for learner assessment in medicine: AMEE Guide No.
- Website: https://knowledgeplus.nejm.org/blog/what-is-competency-based-medical-education.