Controlled Substance Awareness Training
To begin this activity, click Enroll. Once logged in, learners can access educational content, assessments, and evaluations. Learners who successfully complete the activity will be able to print a certificate.
- Understand the risk and benefit associated with prescribing and administration of opioids and other controlled substances.
- Understand how to compliment use of controlled substances with integrated treatments.
- Demonstrate awareness of alternative treatments for pain management.
- Counsel patients on teh effects and risks associated with controlled substances.
- Explain the stigma of addiction (substance use disorder).
- Utilize the Michigan Automated Prescription System.
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Michigan Medical School designates this enduring material for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Release Date:February 2019
Termination Date: January 2022
Paul Hilliard, MD
Katie Barwig, MS
Christopher Martin, MD
Eric Scott, PhD
There are no relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined commercial interests to disclose for this activity.