Controlled Substance Awareness Training
To begin this activity, click Enroll. Once logged in, learners can access educational content, assessments, and evaluations. Learners who successfully complete the activity will be able to print a certificate.
- Understand the risk and benefit associated with prescribing and administration of opioids and other controlled substances.
- Understand how to compliment use of controlled substances with integrated treatments.
- Demonstrate awareness of alternative treatments for pain management.
- Counsel patients on teh effects and risks associated with controlled substances.
- Explain the stigma of addiction (substance use disorder).
- Utilize the Michigan Automated Prescription System.
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Michigan Medical School designates this live activity for a maximum of 0.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s) ™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This CME activity was released in February 2019 with credit available through January 2022.
Paul Hilliard, MD
Katie Barwig, MS
Christopher Martin, MD
Eric Scott, PhD
There are no relevant financial relationships with ACCME-defined commercial interests to disclose for this activity.