MEDIC Virtual Grand Rounds - Emergency Department Care of the COVID-19 Patient: Lessons Learned from the Frontlines of Southeast Michigan
To begin this activity, click Enroll. Once logged in, learners can access educational content, assessments, and evaluations. Learners who successfully complete the activity will be able to print a certificate.
MEDIC Virtual Grand Rounds - Emergency Department Care of the COVID-19 Patient: Lessons Learned from the Frontlines of Southeast MichiganPresenters:
Namita Jayaprakash, MB BcH BAO, MRCEM, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Henry Ford Health System
Mayur S Ramesh, MD, Senior Staff Physician, Transplant Infectious Diseases & Immunotherapy, Henry Ford Health System
Jacqueline Pflaum-Carlson, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Henry Ford Health System
Anne Messman, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine, Sinai-Grace & Detroit Receiving Hospitals, Vice Chair of Education, Wayne State University, Detroit Medical Center
Marc Rosenthal, DO, PhD, Department of Emergency Medicine, Sinai-Grace Hospital, Associate Director of EMS, Detroit Medical CenterBen Bassin, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Emergency Critical Care, Director of Emergency Critical Care Center, Michigan Medicine
David Hackenson, MD, Department of Emergency Medicine, Division of Emergency Critical Care, Michigan Medicine
There are no relevant financial relationships to disclose for this activity.
Access to content is limited to Michigan Medicine or those with a level 1 sign-on.
This activity is appropriate for:
Physicians, Physicians Assistants, Nurse Practitioners, Nurses, Other Healthcare Professionals
In the fields of:
The University of Michigan Medical School is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Michigan Medical School designates this enduring material for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Original Release Date: May 2020
Renewal Date: December 2020
- AAP Pediatrics COVID Collection of Articles https://www.aappublications.org/cc/covid-19
- COVID-19 in Children: Initial Characterization of the Pediatric Disease https://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/early/2020/03/16/peds.2020-0834.1
- Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) Infection in Children and Adolescents: A Systematic Review https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2765169
- Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19): A primer for emergency physicians https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajem.2020.03.036
- Clinical Characteristics of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in China https://www.nejm.org/doi/10.1056/NEJMoa2002032
- Covid-19 in Critically Ill Patients in the Seattle Region — Case Series https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2004500
- Presenting Characteristics, Comorbidities, and Outcomes Among 5700 Patients Hospitalized With COVID-19 in the New York City Area https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2765184