CRICO CME Educators Timeline and Checklist
SIX WEEKS BEFORE YOU BEGIN THESE ACTIVITIES
- In considering requests to sponsor continuing medical education activities, the following guidelines have been developed.
- Active participation of a CRICO Patient Safety department staff member in the planning and/or teaching process.
- Explicit identification of practice gap(s) of CRICO-insured physicians supported by CRICO malpractice data.
- Clear alignment with CRICO’s overall mission and consistent with the malpractice target areas.
- A guide to the CME activity application is available here.
FOUR WEEKS BEFORE YOU BEGIN THESE ACTIVITIES
❏ Notify the CRICO Education Administrators with names and contact information for any new faculty and course planners
- CRICO/RMF must insure independence, objectivity, balance and scientific rigor in all its educational activities. All faculty, course directors, and planners participating in any CRICO/RMF program must disclose any real or apparent conflict(s) of interest that may have a direct bearing on the subject matter of an activity. All faculty and planner disclosure information must be available for approval with the course proposal.
- All faculty changes must be approved by the Office of CME prior to the activity. CRICO/RMF cannot sponsor any activity that does not have complete information.
- CRICO/RMF will not consider sponsorship of activities when there is not enough time to review all disclosure information.
In LMS update the following as needed:
❏ Course presentations and relevant course materials
❏ Promotional and marketing materials for each session
❏ Changes to agenda with times, location and title of activity
FIRST DAY OF EACH MONTH
❏ Email the CRICO Education Administrators with dates of new activities for the month. Please include the date, time, location and agenda (if changed)
- All additional activity dates must be sent prior to the activity to be eligible for CME sponsorship. CME credit cannot be provided retroactively.
DURING EACH ACTIVITY
❏ Provide a sign-in mechanism for participants with credentials listed (written sign in or electronic)
THIRTY DAYS AFTER THE ACTIVITY
Enter into the CRICO LMS
❏ Complete attendance for each activity (physicians, nurse practitioners, certified nurse midwives, nurses, technicians, faculty and others who participated in the activity)
❏ A summary of activity evaluations
❏ Actual budget with final expenses (if applicable)
❏ Copies of all handouts and course materials